- Special Investigations Bureau
- Gang Task Force
Gang Task Force
Formed in 2006, the Riverside County Regional Gang Task Force has aggressively combatted criminal street gangs and the negative impact they present to our communities. The presence of these criminal elements diminishes the quality of life for our residents through criminal activities, such as violent offenses, distribution of narcotics, and vandalism. The Gang Task Force remains committed to confronting these criminal enterprises through a collaborative effort of experienced deputies, police officers, probation officers, federal agents, and prosecutors. Through this multidimensional approach, the Riverside County Gang Task Force aims to make our streets a safer place to live, work, and play.
The mission of the Gang Task Force is to provide safe and secure communities free of violent crime and gang violence. This is achieved by:
- Special Operations
- Intelligence Gathering
- Aggressive-Street-Level Enforcement and Investigations
- Enhanced Communication with Allied Agencies
- Vigorous and Effective Prosecution of Gang Members
- Intervention Programs to Prevent Youth Gang Membership
- Banning Police Department
- Beaumont Police Department
- California Highway Patrol
- Hemet Police Department
- Murrieta Police Department
- Riverside County District Attorney’s Office
- Riverside County Probation Department
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Office
- United States Border Patrol
The Gang Task Force consists of six regions governed by a Regional Board and supervised by a Task Force Commander. Members of the Gang Task Force consist of experienced law enforcement peace officers from the following local, state and federal agencies.
If you know of or suspect criminal gang activity in your community, please contact your respective regional commander by email, calling 951-210-1159 or submitting a tip via our Online Crime Tip Form. If you prefer, you may also report gang activity through our webpage.
- Coachella Valley Region: Sgt. Paul Heredia- Riverside County Sheriff’s
- Cities: Coachella, Desert Hot Springs, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage and surrounding communities.
- Hemet/San Jacinto Valley Region: Sgt. Ian Baily- Hemet Police Department
- Cities: Hemet, San Jacinto, and surrounding communities.
- Jurupa Valley/Riverside Region: Sgt. Nate Padilla- Riverside County Sheriff’s
- Cities: Jurupa Valley and surrounding communities
- Murrieta/Temecula Valley Region: Sgt. Steve Dyer- Murrieta Police Department
- Cities: Murrieta and Temecula, and surrounding communities.
- Perris/Lake Elsinore Region: Sgt. Jose Ayala- Riverside County Sheriff’s
- Cities: Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Perris, Wildomar and surrounding communities.
- San Gorgonio Pass Region: Sgt. Mike Bennett- Banning Police Department
- Cities: Banning, Beaumont, and surrounding communities.