RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Office of Traffic Safety Grant Kickoff|
|Station Area:||Palm Desert |
|Written Date:||November 4, 2020||Time:||7:00 PM|
|Incident Date:||October 2020 to September 2021||Time:||N/A|
|Incident Location:||Palm Desert |
|Reporting Officer:||Deputy Varon Potter|
Riverside County Sheriff’s Department – City of Palm Desert Awarded Traffic Education and Enforcement Grant From the Office of Traffic Safety
Palm Desert, Calif. – Riverside County Sheriff’s Department received a $41,481 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) for a one-year enforcement and education program. The money will fund various activities intended to reduce deaths and injuries on California roads.
The grant-related activities are for the 2021 federal fiscal year, which runs from Oct. 1, 2020 to Sept. 30, 2021.
The funding from the OTS will be used for numerous programs, including:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) / driver’s license checkpoints.
- Patrols specifically looking for suspected alcohol and/or drug-impaired drivers.
- Know Your Limit Awareness Campaign.
- Patrols targeting violations of California’s hands-free cell phone law and vehicle code violations by drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians that put other roadway users at risk.
- Patrols targeting pedestrian safety and enforcement.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.