RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Office of Traffic Safety Grant Kickoff - Rancho Mirage|
|Station Area:||Rancho Mirage|
|Written Date:||October 28, 2021||Time:||2:30 PM|
|Incident Location:||Rancho Mirage|
|Reporting Officer:||Deputy Frank Avila|
Riverside Sheriff’s Department / Rancho Mirage Awarded $46,075.00 Grant From the Office of Traffic Safety
Rancho Mirage, Calif. – The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department / Rancho Mirage. will roll out a police traffic services program to deter dangerous and illegal driving behaviors that increase the risk of crashes in the community.
The grant will pay for additional enforcement measures, including:
- DUI checkpoints and patrols specifically focused on suspected impaired drivers.
- Enforcement operations focused on suspected distracted drivers in violation of California’s hands-free cell phone law.
- Bicycle and pedestrian safety enforcement operations focused on driver behaviors that put vulnerable road users at risk.
- Enforcement operations focused on top violations that cause crashes: speeding, failure to yield, stop sign and/or red-light running, and improper turning or lane changes.
- Officer training and/or recertification: Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST), Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) and Drug Recognition Expert (DRE).
The grant program will run through September 2022.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.