Reporting Deputy: Deputy Richard Sayles
File # N/A
City of Moreno Valley, California-The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department/Moreno Valley Station will hold a one-day public service event on May 14, 2022, starting at 8:00 am at the Moreno Valley Mall. This event is called “Ride To Live” and will assist the civilian motorcycle enthusiast on becoming a better and safer rider. You will learn the following:
- Proper manipulation of clutch and throttle in order to work the “friction zone”
- Proper use of head and eyes when turning a motorcycle
- Counter steering
- Negotiating curves
- Low speed precision maneuvering
Instructors will be from the Moreno Valley Station Traffic Motor Team
- Have a valid M-1 (motorcycle) license and insurance
- Have basic riding skills (this class is not for those who have no riding experience)
- Bring your own motorcycle, D.O.T. helmet, gloves, eye protection and footwear that covers the ankles
- Sign a liability waiver (provided at training)
- Have a desire to improve skills
For further information or to reserve a spot call the Moreno Valley Sheriff’s Station, Traffic Team, Deputy Sayles at (951) 486-6885 or email MVSSRidetolive.
Class size is limited to 25 riders.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.
If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD