Reporting Deputy: Sergeant J. Morando / Sergeant R. Smith / Sergeant N. Padilla
File # N/A
Perris, Calif. – During May’s Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month, The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department - Perris Station, reminds drivers to always look twice for motorcycles.
Sergeant Bikul kindly reminds everyone, “Motorcycles can be difficult to spot. Be extra careful and check twice for motorcycles before changing lanes. Please share the road with motorcycles and drive safe.”
To help protect you and your family, keep the following tips in mind while driving or riding:
- Always check mirrors and blind spots before changing lanes.
- Do not follow a motor cycle closely. Always keep a safe distance.
- If you see a motorcycle with a signal on, be careful. Be sure that the rider is turning before moving ahead.
- Always wear a U.S. DOT-compliant helmet with eye protection.
- Wear leather or other sturdy clothing such as a jacket, pants, boots with nonskid soles and gloves. Add reflective strips or decals to your clothing and motorcycle to make it easier for other drivers to see you.
- Ride defensively. Don’t assume a driver can see you. Avoid riding in a driver’s blind spot.
- Always keep your lights on, even during the day.
Lastly, both drivers and riders should never drive/ride distracted under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
For media inquiries regarding this incident please contact the Media Information Bureau.
If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD