RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
Sheriff Chad Bianco
|Press Release:||Office of Traffic Safety Grant Kickoff Announcement|
|Station Area:||Jurupa Valley Station- City of Norco|
|Written Date:||January 7, 2020||Time:||12:10 PM|
|Incident Location:||City of Norco|
|Reporting Officer:||Sergeant Robert Torres|
The Jurupa Valley Sheriff’s Station- City of Norco was awarded a Traffic Education and Enforcement Grant From the OTS
Norco, Calif. – The Jurupa Valley Sheriff’s Station-City of Norco has been awarded a $28,275.00 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety for a one-year long enforcement and education program. The money will fund various activities intended to reduce deaths and injuries on California roads.
The grant-related activities are for the 2020 federal fiscal year, which runs from Oct. 1, 2019 to Sept. 30, 2020.
The funding from the OTS will be used for numerous programs, including:
DUI/driver’s license checkpoints.
- Patrols specifically looking for suspected alcohol and/or drug-impaired drivers.
- Patrols targeting violations of California’s hands-free cell phone law and vehicle code violations by drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians that put other roadway users at risk.
- Patrols targeting the primary causes of crashes: Speeding, improper turns, running stop signs or signals, right-of-way violations and driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Creating “Hot Sheets” identifying repeat DUI offenders.
- Officer training to identify suspected impaired drivers and conduct sobriety tests.
“Getting in a vehicle remains one of the most dangerous things we do,” OTS director Barbara Rooney said. “We must continue to work with our partners in law enforcement to shift that realization and make traveling on our roads safer.”
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department is seeking applicants for Deputy Sheriff, Deputy Sheriff Trainee, Correctional Deputy, Sheriff's 911 Communications Officer, and other employment opportunities such as clerical and support positions. If you are interested in a career with us, please apply at www.joinrsd.org or call 1-888-Join-RSD